Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Laura Bush supports gay marriage and abortion rights

If only she were more assertive with her husband.... I had heard the rumor they were effectively separated, Laura in Dallas, GW - on the ranch. Their apparent dysfunctional marriage shows why conservatives get divorced so much. Conservative Christian husbands often subjugate their wives, ignore their opinions, and worse.

Laura Bush on Larry King 5/11
--

Gay marriage:

On gay marriage, she told CNN show host Larry King: "When couples are committed to each other and love each other, then they ought to have, I think, the same sort of rights that everyone has."

"I think we could" accept gay marriage, she continued. "I also think it's a generational thing.... That will come."

"I understand totally what George thinks and what other people think about marriage being between a man and a woman," she said. "I guess that would be an area that we disagree" on.

Abortion:
"I think it's important that it remain legal," she said about abortion. "Because I think it's important for people -- for medical reasons and for other reasons."


No comments: