Thursday, September 18, 2008

GOP Senator: Palin's explanations of her foreign policy credentials are "insulting to the American people"

Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, who has been to Iraq six times, commented on Palin's readiness to assume the VP spot in an interview with the Omaha World Herald:

“I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia.' That kind of thing is insulting to the American people. ... She doesn’t have any foreign policy credentials. You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don’t know what you can say. You can’t say anything.”

That about sums it up, and to hear it from a Republican Senator, a distinguished Vietnam vet. We knew McCain's pick of Palin was all about politics and not about qualifications. Even Karl Rove has said she is not the most qualified candidate.

Listen to Palin sum up her credentials and specific skills on national security … unscripted at her first Town Hall meeting . She doesn’t really answer the question because she doesn’t have any skills or experience, other to say “I’ll be ready”. She tries to belittle the person asking the question by suggesting the question is some sort of a “stump the candidate” game. She says this right at the end of the meeting so there can be no further discussion. Pathetic! This is no game.





The Palin effect is all downhill from here for McSame.

Article: Sarah Quaylin: Actually, Dan Quayle is looking pretty good right now

No comments: