Friday, September 19, 2008

Some honest straight talk from Joe Biden

Can you just imagine Joe Biden and Sarah Palin in a debate? I can't wait.

From CBS News via C&L:
Katie: “Your vice presidential rival, Governor Palin, said “To the rest of America, that’s not patriotism. Raising taxes is about killing jobs and hurting small businesses and making things worse.”

Biden: “How many small businessmen are making one million, four hundred thousand–average in the top 1 percent. Give me a break. I remind my friend, John McCain, what he said – when Bush called for war and tax cuts – he said, it was immoral, immoral, to take a nation to war and not have anybody pay for it. I am so sick and tired of this phoniness. The truth of the matter is that we are in trouble. And the people who do not need a new tax cut should be willing, as patriotic Americans, to understand the way to get this economy back up on their feet is to give middle class taxpayers a break. We take the tax cut they’re getting and we give it to the middle class.”

I remind everyone that it was the Republican Party that wrecked America.

No comments: